Date:      30 Jul 2003 10:48:55 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        scott@sremick.net
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Firebird 0.6.1 regression?

--=-28fsLBZ/iBviDq/5iv9R

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 10:39, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> Marcus,
>=20
> I've discovered a regression in Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 (from 0.6) that
> appears to be unix/FreeBSD releated (I haven't heard back from anyone usi=
ng
> Linux, but the problem doesn't occur with Win2000).=20
>=20
> The "shadowed-out" version of buttons on my site no longer appear. Normal=
ly
> you have these grayed-out versions, then when you mouseover them it's
> replaced with a normal, bright version of the button. But now with 0.6.1
> only the bright version when you mouseover them appears... move the mouse
> away, and the shadow version isn't there. For an example, compare this pa=
ge
> with 0.6 and 0.6.1:
>=20
> http://vtbsd.net/ipw-web/portal/cms/modules.php?name=3DForums&file=3Dview=
topic&t=3D3
>=20
> I tried this with my main FreeBSD 5.1 system as well as a clean 5.1 insta=
ll
> and both had the same issue. Thought I should mention it to you in case i=
> was a problem with the porting.

I doubt it.  This only seems to affect the GTK2 version of the browser.=20
That is, I use GTK2 versions of Mozilla, Galeon, and Firebird, and none
of them show the button change you describe.  Try rebuilding Firebird
without GTK2 support, and see if things return to the way you expect.=20
If they do, I would file a bug with Mozilla.

>=20
> On a side note, I accidentally discovered that FB recognizes the WITH_GTK=
2
> make option, but widgets don't seem quite right (you can't tell the diff
> between selected and unselected radio buttons, for example). Are there kn=
own
> GTK2 problems?

Looks fine to me.  I clicked on Post a New Topic on your forum, and all
the checkboxes work and look as I would expect.  Do you have a
screenshot of what you're seeing?

Joe

>=20
> Anyhow, thanks for your time... cheers!
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Scott I. Remick   --=3D=3D--   ICQ: 450152=20
> Save the internet - Use a Mozilla-based browser: http://vtbsd.net/mozilla=
/
> FreeBSD: Because making unix user-friendly is easier than debugging Windo=
ws. http://vtbsd.net/freebsd/
> "Voici mon secret. Il est tres simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. =
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."