Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 00:11:46 +0100 (MET)
To:        Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Brian Clapper <bmc@netaxs.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, bmc@willscreek.com
Subject:   Re: linux `ls' port

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Donald Burr wrote:

> > Hmm, how does the linux ls differ from colorls in ports/misc ?
>
> It does NOT send colour codes if the stdout is not a tty (i.e. if you're
> piping through 'more' or doing 'ls > file' then it won't output ugly ANSI
> seuqneces).  And it's configurable, ie you can set yourself the cololrs
> that different types of files appear as.

Unfortunately, mine does... I got the port from Brian's ftp server and
compiled it. It works (more or less; dirs are green, not blue as I'm
accustomed to, but it should be possible to change that). Unfortunately
"ls -lo |less" yields funny looking ANSI-Escape sequences... something
like

total 8
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel         512 Jan  4 21:48 Mail
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel         512 Jan  4 21:48 News
drwx------   2 root     wheel         512 Jan 10 23:11 mail

Any ideas?

Martin

| Martin Jangowski              E-Mail: maja@birdland.rhein-neckar.de |
| Voice: +49 621/53 95 06                       Fax: +49 621/53 95 07 |
| Snail Mail: Koenigsbacher Str. 16      D-67067 Ludwigshafen Germany |
| RNInet e.V.                                   Rhein-Neckar Internet |