Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:30:46 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>, David Shanes <dshanes@personalogic.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 12:56:42AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Where do I sign up?
> > "FreeBSD Marketing: Who Do You Want To Picket And Beat To Death With Stats
> > Today?"
>
> Heh, you joke, but Mike Smith and I were kicking ourselves today
> thinking "DAMN!  After that big Linux user's group meeting, a big bus
> went up to the Mozilla party several times with busloads of Linux
> advocates and what a wasted opportunity!  We could have had a guy in a
> Chuck costume standing there, handing out FreeBSD CDs (along with a
> little pamphlet describing how a Linux user might evaluate and
> possibly transition to FreeBSD) to each person getting off the bus.
> Damn damn damn!  We suck at marketing!"
>
> Our comments were half in jest, but little PR stunts like this, done
> in the proper humor, are seriously worth doing if you can pull them
> off.  It'd also be kinda nice if we pulled one off occasionally rather
> than just thinking about it afterwards, and for that we need better
> advance notification and planning when such opportunities present
> themselves.  Should any of you spot such an opportunity and need some
> help in making it happen, let us know!
>
> 					Jordan

Moving this to Chat....

Networld + Interop 98 will be in Las Vegas the week of May 4-8. Is FreeBSD
going to have a representive there? If not, are there any FreeBSD people in
and around Las Vegas who might want to pass out free copies of 2.2.5. This
would be a good start.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.5
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses