Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:16:46 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup ports-all question

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:18:56 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> How can I cvsup ports-all so that I have new entries after it?(e.g.
> kde Tck and so on). As you might guess from the question I tried to do
> it and had no luck(special notice to Mr Lehey Yes I know it is not a
> question of luck buto of knowledge I lack :) )The somehow mysterious
> on it I got some new entries (irc ftp java) and some of them not.Any
> suggestions?

You know, it really is time you stopped wasting everybody's time with
poorly structured questions.  I'm not talking about your English skills,
because nobody can blame you if it's not your mother language.  I'm
talking about the consistent lack of detail in your messages.

Have you read Greg Lehey's guide to using this mailing list?  If not,
please do so before posting any more messages here.  You can read it
online at:

	http://www.lemis.com/questions.html

So what's wrong this specific question?  Well, you haven't told us:

      * The version of FreeBSD you are using.
      * What your supfile looks like (not the whole thing, just the
	lines that aren't commented).
      * How you run cvsup (the exact command-line).
      * What you see that makes you think something broke.

Saying "I tried to do it and no luck" tells us absolutely nothing.
You've been told this before.  I for one am more than happy to help you,
because I know how hard it can be getting used to the system.  However,
if you aren't going to put the required effort in on your side, I (and
probably others) are going to start ignoring your messages.

So, how about it?  Are you willing to do this properly?  If so, go and
read Greg's guide, then reply to this message giving all the information
I mentioned in the bullet point list above.

Ciao,
Sheldon.