Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@micron.efn.org>
To:        "Dennis J. Eberl" <dww@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD with a little Zip?

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Dennis J. Eberl wrote:

This should go to questions, but yes it will. I have run FreeBSD on 2.1.5-R on
386 4meg systems with old RLL drives before. *sigh* It was surprisingly fast.
  Several people I know use Zip Disks for their OS, thereby making a cheap way
to keep FreeBSD, Win95, etc on the same system and have plenty of disk space.

> I have a 33 MHz '486 w/8 MB RAM, a small HD, and a Zip drive (SCSI, not
> parallel port). Sure, I'll probably need more RAM (assuming FreeBSD will
> even install on a '486), but what I am really wondering is can I install
> onto a Zip disk thus avoiding having to partition my HD?
>
> Thanks. Dying to try unix.
>
> Dennis Eberl

Jonathan Mini (j_mini@efn.org)

... bleakness ... desolation ... plastic forks ...