Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:54:11 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, kris@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrade of port audio/id3lib - stdc++ wchar support missing

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 07:44:43PM +1100, Tim Robbins wrote:
>
>>You could try the patch I've attached:
>>
>>cd /usr/src
>>zcat c++-wchar.diff.gz | patch
>>cd gnu/lib/libstdc++
>>make
>>make install
>

> Can you ask Kris to try this on the ports cluster before we commit it?
> I wonder how many ports this could break.

Cause I'm the pain in the neck who asks for this - I'm rebuilding all my
ports today to check if it works with this patch (cvsup of /usr/src
yesterday).

The patch applied cleanly and world build and installs fine, even if the
duplicate lock keeps and sablot dynamic linker error - but this has
happened without the patch, too.

I have installed on the test machine gnome2, apache13, perl5.6.1,
mod_php4, mysql, postgresql, portupgrade (and the dependencies, of course).

Should I test any specific port, too?

Regards,
Jens

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                   gggg    06112 Halle
                                  g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/