Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 17:44:00 -0700
From:      "Chris Faehl" <cfaehl@cs.unm.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Varshavchick Alexander <alex@metrocom.ru>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C905 Ethernet card

> On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Varshavchick Alexander wrote:
>
> > Would you please tell whether the 3C905 ethernet card can be used under
> > FreeBSD and if so where the 3C905 driver can be found?
>
> Yes, the 3c905 is supported.  The driver (vx) is built into the system.

Are there problems using this card under 100BaseT? I'm asking because I've
seen *abysmal* performance under 100BaseT (no, I don't think it's the
half-duplex/full-duplex issue - ifconfig -a reports simplex. Should I
trust that?).

I get numerous NFS disconnects, etc. This is FreeBSD 2.2.5 release.
Works great under 10BaseT, but since I've got the bandwidth out there,
I'd like to use it.

-- Chris Faehl (cfaehl@cs.unm.edu)