Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:00:41 +10
From:      "Peter Stubbs" <peters@gil.com.au>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A how does it work question.

On 27 Aug 97, Steve Passe wrote:

>    from regular interrupts.  This will require the separation of the
>    ISR mask component added by the ISRs to the cpl into a separate
>    variable and additional code in the spl functions to prevent them
>    from changing cpl while any  ISR is inside a critical cpl region.
>     This is what I am working on now. At first there will be a
>    simple lock used to serialize all reg. interrupts as with the
>    fast ints, but once this works I plan to use an array of simple
>    locks, one per IRQ.  To go beyond this will again require work on
>    each

Wow! This is about where I loose the plot... Try a sentence like this
at a party ;}  This list is certainly the place for such things, but
I guess I'll go back to lurk mode and see if I understand more in 12
months time.

Cheers, and thanks for the replies.
Peter

Peter Stubbs, +061-015-572-849.
Remember, you can't spell 'problems' without 'MS'.