Date:      Wed, 17 May 1995 01:58:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   NFS swap for diskless machines

I'm currently trying to boot a diskless PC under FreeBSD.

Everything works fine, except when I try to add NFS swap in the
/tftpboot/cfg.xxx file. The system panics in the pager during boot.

The lines I added are :
	swapfs <server-ip>:/export/swap
	swapsize 20000

If I remove these lines, I can boot the system fine with no swap.

Is there something special to do, in addition to the creation of the
file /export/swap/swap.<client-ip> ? Maybe a special kernel config
option ? The documentation about diskless configuration does not
say anything special.
--
Pierre Beyssac 		pb@fasterix.frmug.fr.net pb@fasterix.fdn.fr
FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux -- Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher.