Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:57:04 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Bsd Newbie" <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: a toughie... installing FreeBSD on a diskless Sparc4...

FreeBSD is not ported to the Sparc.  You want NetBSD  (http://www.netbsd.org)
but I'd recommend strongly you buy a CDROM for it, Sun CDROM's can be gotten
very cheaply off of Ebay.

If you have a Sun monitor and keyboard
for your Sparc there is a command key sequence that will dump the system into
it's BIOS which you can then issue a command to boot it single user and
once there change the root password to whatever you want.  See
http://www.sun.com for more details.