Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:27:02 +0100
From:      Ernest Hammerschmidt <ernest.hammerschmidt@post.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error compiling kernel

Hello,

I just installed FreeBSD 4.7 yesterday and tried to install a new kernel
following the instructions from the handbook. Unfortunately I ran into
the following problem when executing
'make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL':

	===> crypto
	@ -> /usr/src/sys
	machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
	make: don't know how to make bf_enc.c. Stop
	*** Error code 2

	Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FISHBOWL.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/src.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/src.

Eventually I tried compiling GENERIC instead, which led to the same
result. A friend of mine then suggested trying make buildworld and
installworld, but this didn't change anything.

Hope someone can help.

Bye,
Ernest