Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 22:43:46 +0100
From:      "Hrvoje Husic" <husic@web.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   sysinstall sticking to serial port

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me on this problem, or at least give me
a hint or two. (I sent this question to
questions@freebsd.org also, but I guess it's better placed
here)

I'm trying to install FreeBSD-4.4/Alpha on an older
Multia-System. (booting from the 2 disk as the machine has
no cd-rom attached) The Multia has a monitor, keyboard and
mouse
attached to it, but after booting the kernel I get the
message "/stand/sysinstall running as init on serial
console" (or so) and a menu where i can select from 5
different terminal-emulations.

As I do not have a console cable I cannot use the console.
Is there a way, I can force sysinstall to use the graphical
console? -P or -h did not show any effect at all (-P was an
unknown option?)

Any hints, what I have to do to get sysinstall fetching the
right console?

--
Hrvoje Husic <husic@web.de>