Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 23:27:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> Please point me to a better mailer than exmh/mh which understands MIME
> and can also compose MIME. exmh currently can't compose MIME messages
> well at least not like some sort of GUI tool.

I know of two but they're not free :-(

Zmail (I got one version on my sparcbook) is great for composing and
receiving MIME. I don't know if there is a version for BSDI.

MEUF (Mail Extended Using Faces) is a free product currently in beta
but author -- he's french and the product is quite good -- has some
trouble releasing sources (he got to get a special authorization from
his firm). Currently under SunOS and Solaris but not FreeBSD.

I've offered to port it even if only under binary form but it is not
stable enough yet and he's rewrinting parts with Motif :-(

There is a big lack of full MIME compliant mailers...
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
    FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #7: Thu Mar 23 00:28:31 MET 1995