Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 15:20:10 -0400
From:      Larry A Cook JR <cook@InfoAve.Net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ISA Modem setup on FreeBSD 4.0

   First, allow me to apologize for such a posting.  As a member of several
C/C++ mailing lists, I know how frustrating easy and often repeated posts
can be for other members.

   I'm attempting to install an ISA Creative Modem Blaster DI5601.  With
much help from the list archive, I've been able to make progress until I hit
this next problem:

	device          sio3    at isa? port IO_COM4 irq 5

	sio4: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
	sio4: irq maps: 0x41 0x41 0x41 0x41
	sio4: probe failed test(s): 0 1 2 4 6 7 9

   I'm lost as to why irq 5 is out of the probed irqs.  I've gone through
and changed the jumper settings for the irq on the modem but that seems to
do nothing at all.

   Also...  If you'll notice, it's set up as device sio3, so I'm confused
about the next block which has sio4.

   I searched the archive further and noted that this seems to be a rather
common problem, one person about a month ago even posted the exact same
problem, but I couldn't find any helpful replies as how to fix this

   I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing a newbie in the right direction
as simplistic as possible.  Thank you...

Larry A. Cook, JR.
Administrator
Sue's Antiques
Http://www.sues-antiques.com