Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 16:22:29 +1100
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@ficsgrp.com>
To:        Alexei Sokolski <aleks@post.krascience.rssi.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: errors with compile 3.3-RELEASE kernel for Alpha...Help please

Hullo Alexi,

not having an alpha (yet),I can't help on the install questions.
However, a quick check in AltaVista reveals that...

> P.S. Processor DECchip-21066-AA is "EV4" or "EV5" cpu?
> Where I can see information about them?

[begin extract]
/21066/ LCA4S (EV4 core, with EV4 FPU)
/21066A-233/ LCA45 (EV4 core, but with EV45 FPU)
.
.
.
The EV4 core is a dual-issue (it can issue 2 instructions per CPU clock)
superpipelined core with integer unit, floating
point unit and branch prediction. It is fully bypassed and has 64-bit
internal data paths and tightly coupled 8Kbyte
caches, one each for Instruction and Data. The caches are write-through
(they never get dirty).

[end extract]

from many places including...
<http://winwww.ts.kiev.ua/tech/RH-4.0-Manual-HTML/node204.html>; - which