Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:07:19 +0200
From:      Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   multiple postgresql servers in multiple jails?

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

Does anybody have a running system with more than one jail hosting
more than one postgres server?

I can only have one pgsql database on one host at all.  I already
tried to increase the shared memory off my machine with additional
kernel [1] and sysctl parameters [2] and I also tried to change
the numeric UID directly in the jails into a seperate one.  Same
errors.

Of course I already have defined  jail_sysvipc_allow=3D"YES"  in
rc.conf.  I have this issue on 6.2-RELEASE-p8 and 8.0-CURRENT with
postgresql-server-8.2.5_1.

% psql
psql: FATAL:  semctl(458753, 15, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument

Or some fun with perl/DBD
Out of memory during request for 108 bytes, total sbrk() is 534585344 bytes!
Out of memory during request for 288 bytes, total sbrk() is 534585344 bytes!
Out of memory during request for 288 bytes, total sbrk() is 534585344 bytes!

[1]
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVSEM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SHMMAXPGS=3D65536
options         SEMMNI=3D40
options         SEMMNS=3D240
options         SEMUME=3D40
options         SEMMNU=3D120

[2] http://www.freebsddiary.org/jail-multiple.php

--=20
Oliver PETER, eMail: hoschi@mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave.  Even drones can fly away.
                         The Queen is their slave."

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--