Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:42:15 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: PERL_LEVEL conditional dependencies

On Aug 13, 2004, at 03:41, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> I don't know the current pointyhat schedule, you'll have to ask Kris
> or Joe for that. I guess this will have to wait until after 5.3 is
> released.

Indeed.  I added the proposed patch to my devel ports tree here, and
it's, well, struggling a little.  (dang those apparently simple changes
that have far-reaching consequences :)

I'd strongly suggest that this wait until 5.3 is out, since there are
still a reasonable number of gcc-3.4 related issues that deserve
higher-priority, then as soon as the 5.3-REL is out, get the uber-patch
in the queue for a (4-exp/5-exp ?) build.

-aDe