Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 21:18:02 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP vs. SNAPS

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.971001200700.2409A-100000@andrsn.stanford.edu>,
Annelise Anderson  <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu> wrote:
> I've been updating 2.2-STABLE via cvsup with the following file:
>
> src-all release=cvs host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home base=/usr
> 	prefix=/usr delete use-rel-suffix compress tag=RELENG_2_2
>
> so I assume this is equivalent to installing a SNAP from
> releng22.freebsd.org?

Well, it's the same provided you run CVSup exactly at the same time
as the "cvs checkout" for the SNAP is run. :-)  Otherwise, it can be
slightly different.

If you know when the files for the SNAPs are checked out each day, you
can use the "date=" option in the supfile along with tag=RELENG_2_2 to
get very close to the exact version of everything used in the SNAP.

John