Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:39:29 -0700
From:      Scott Gasch <scott@mail.medsp.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   q about security script and memory

Hi,

I have a question about my daily periodic stuff.  I added a couple of
things to /etc/periodic/daily and now it seems like I'm running out of
memory in the middle of executing this stuff:

> checking setuid files and devices:
> find: fts_read: Cannot allocate memory

> running tripwire file integrity check:
> list_insert(): malloc() failed!

I originally thought that there was a problem with login.conf resource
limiting but in /etc/crontab the periodic command is run as
root... and my root login conf has unlimited access to memory.

I am able to execute these commands as root logged at the console.
Can anyone give me a clue?

Scott

--
Scott Gasch