Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:41:53 +0200
From:      Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD compatibility with HP ProLiant DL360p Generation 8 (Gen8) ?

Hello,

I need to order a few more servers for an internal project, and instead
of the usual DL360G7 we now use without any problem with FreeBSD, there
would now be the next generation, called "Gen8".

Intel® C600 Series Chipset
Intel® E5-2600 Processor Family
Storage Controller : HP Smart Array P420i/1GB
Network Controller : HP Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331FLR Adapter
(full specs: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14211_na/14211_na.pdf )

I am just wondering if it would also be compatible with the current
version of FreeBSD.  I guess it is the case at least for the cpu/chipset
according to http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.0R/hardware.html , but I
miss for example the P420 or the network interface in the actual
hardware list, so a confirmation before ordering would be really nice to
have :)

Thanks & kind regards,
Olivier