Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:12:05 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Albert Chen <chen6178@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD is better than WinNT? please give me ten reasons.

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Albert Chen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currenlty using FreeBSD. My advisor prefers WinNT,
> I telled him to try FreeBSD, but he asked me:
> "Why FreeBSD is better than WinNT? give me ten reasons
> and I will try it?" I don't know how to answer,
> would anyone tell me, thanks.

    *  More stable (the only time it goes down is when you want it to).

The above is the most important reason for many, many people; but here are
a few others.

    *  Runs faster.
    *  Less resource hungry - handles a higher load *MUCH* better than NT.
    *  Better tech support. (this list!)
    *  The Base O/S Costs less.
    *  Comes with sources.
    *  Lots of free software-resources off the 'Net

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                                       Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.