Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 06:52:47 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        "Charles C. Figueiredo" <ccf@master.ndi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: technical comparison

"Charles C. Figueiredo" wrote:

| 	I appoligize if this is the improper channel for this sort of
| discussion, but it is in the best interests of the FreeBSD following,
| atleast, within my orginization.

It is the wrong place -- see the list descriptions.

| Linux on Intel fits the bill because it meets these three requirements
| *very* effectively.

So setup some Linux boxes and let them play.  If that solves
your problem, just go with it.  If it doesn't, then you know the
problem is different and you can look into it.  If it really
turns out that the Linux solution works and if you want to do
something to help FreeBSD do as well, then you'll have the data
to make that a possibility.