Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:54:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        bstockr@concentric.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: version 2.2.5 question

> Hello
>
>         I have installed version 2.2.5 for about the third time and keep
> getting the following message on the monitor if the terminal is idle for
> any time longer than 5 minutes, and it keeps re-occurring.
>
> sd1(ahc0:2:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST info?:0x44fef asc:20,0 Invalid command
> operation code field replaceable unit: 1 sks:c0,0
>
> any Ideas as how to fix this, I did not have this problem with version
> 2.1 or 2.1.5.

 Brett.. this could easily be incorrect termination on the SCSI bus.
I'd start with checking your SCSI cables and ensuring proper termination.

 If you've already done that, then you could try an upgrade to 2.2.7,
which has a few changes in it - that may or may not help.

 Also - it could be that your hardware is going bad... so, you may want
to replace it.

	- Dave Rivers -