Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 14:29:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        blh@nol.net (Brett L. Hawn)
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Triton chipset with 256k cache caches 32M only?

Brett L. Hawn writes:

> > > My impression was 64M, based on past discussions with Rod
> > > Grimes.

> >  Hmm.  That would then imply that there's something wrong
> > with each of these boards, or that the manufacturer is lazy.
> > Does anyone know if going to 512K cache will allow me to
> > cache on all 40M ram?  Thanks!

> Assuming that these are Triton-1 chipsets you will find that
> anything over 64m leads to non-caching. I would highly suggest
> getting some of the new ASUS (just my particular favorite) tr-2
> chipset motherboards, these solve the caching problem along
> with many of the other inherent bugs of tr-1 chipsets.

	Well, I'm positive that anything over 64M will lead to
non-caching.  I'm also positive that anything over 32M leads to
non-caching.  Any ideas on what I should do to get the upper 8M
(megs 32-39) cached?  I'm thinking of purchasing a 512k COAST
module, but I want to make sure that will do it before I buy it.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead

mmead@Glock.COM