Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ALpha 4100 boot issues

Achhh.... Never send mail before first coffee....

Let's try this again:

1. For -stable, it's an open guess as to whether bridged cards will work at
all on Alpha 4100 (we need the rewrite of Alpha BusSpace stuff that then
allowed hose stuff to not have to be encapsulated inside a 32 bit PCI
address). This should, however, work in -current, but has not been fully
tested yet.

2. It's as yet unclear what the relationship between card placement in any one
hose and bootability. This still needs to be proven one way or the other.

These might go into RELNOTES.

-matt