Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        i.vaudrey@cableinet.co.uk
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, jfitz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: makedepend port - opinions sought

 * Before I submit the port, I'd like opinions on it's usefulness outside
 * the context of Cyrus. At the moment the port fetches the Cyrus tarball
 * which weighs in at ~460K. This is not a problem if it's only ever going
 * to be used to build Cyrus because the tarball will still only be fetched
 * once, but if it does have more general application it would obviously
 * make sense to separate out the makedepend sources. These total a rather
 * more lightweight ~30K when tarred and gzipped.

I don't know, but if you are going to make a cyrus port too, don't
worry and just use the ~460K tarball from the makedepend port.  We
can't possibly please everybody, and with space running out in almost
all corners of the CDROMs, having the same source in two places is not
a good idea.

Satoshi