Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:22:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        fm@astral.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua (Dmitry A. Yanko)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic, ipfw broken in stable?

> In /etc/rc.conf:
> firewall_enable="YES"
> (panic only in this case)
>

> fault addr. = 0x50
> fault code = sup. write, page not present
> ip = 0x8:0xc01a44cb
> sp = 0x10:0xc02e0ad0
> fp = 0x10:0xc02e0b50
> cs = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>    = dpl 0, pres. 1, def32 1, grap 1
> p. eflags = int. enable, resume, IOPL=0
> cur. proc = Idle
> int. mask = net
> trap. num = 12
> panic: page fault

Since it looks like you haven't seen the ongoing thread about
your problem, I thought I would follow up to your original email.

Right now we have a hypothosis that a MFC of the stats counters
to ip_output is causing your panic.  I would like to try and
duplicate that on a system here, but I need some configuration
data from your system, particularly the ipfw rule set that
is triggering the problem.  (this applies to anyone who has
seen this panic.)

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net