Date:      Sun, 23 May 2010 16:46:46 -0700
From:      Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to determine the history of a port

Greetings again. A few years ago, I proposed editors/emacs-nox11 and submitted a patch to create it, and thus became listed in the comments at the beginning of the Makefile (but I am not the package maintainer, I believe). Today I got a report that the package does not build; I verified this. I want to help the user, but I have no idea how the change that broke the build was added to the Makefile.

How do I find the history so I can find out who added the problematic line and figure out what they actually meant?

--Paul Hoffman