Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:30:54 +0200
From:      Rolandas Naujikas <rolnauj@delfi.lt>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp keepalive and dynamic ipfw rules

Hi all,

I have setup a dynamic firewall for my personal computer with such rules

ipfw add check-state
ipfw add deny tcp from any to any established
ipfw add pass tcp from me to any setup keep-state

from ipfw(8) manual on "FreeBSD 4.5-RC".

I found problem with ftp, when download pass longer 5 minutes, then after
download ftp client stall. I dont see more dynamic rule, allowing tcp
control connection. net.inet.tcp.always_keepalive=1.

Rolandas

P.S. I'm sorry for my English.