Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:58:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Musings about tracking FreeBSD...

While it's good idea, it's not the way I'd tackle it. How about
grovelling over the output of "make update", and if a change in a port
shows up, check /usr/ports/<wherever>/Makefile for the package name,
and then /var/db/pkg for that name. If it's there, add a note about it
to that file.

Of course this misses changes in the libraries/includes/etc. that
might cause you to want to rebuild a port.

	<mike