Date:      Sun, 31 May 2009 23:08:28 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@freebsd.org>, freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r193112 - head/etc/rc.d

Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> DB> Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> DB> > Doug,

> DB> > Was there an agreement what should one do with dumping to gmirror (see
> DB> > sbin/geom/class/mirror/gmirror.8) ?
> DB>
> DB> I'm not familiar with that issue, but it sounds like something that
> DB> needs its own rc.d script. If someone who knows what is supposed to
> DB> happen wants to write something up and send it to the freebsd-rc@ list
> DB> I'll be glad to help review it.
>
> Something like (checks should be added, yeah)

This is fine, but for consistency with the other stuff in rc.d the
name of the script, the value of $name, and the PROVIDE should all be
the same. I would name it something like gmsc and in
etc/defaults/rc.conf (and probably in the script itself) add a comment
indicating what it's for.

Not sure what you mean by "checks should be added," I'm not familiar
with gmirror at all. But it looks like you're on the right track, yes.

Doug