Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 07:56:19 -0500
From:      Clark Joel A1C AMC CSS <Joel.Clark@scott.af.mil>
To:        'Joel Sutton' <jsutton@genesis.net.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-database@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PostgreSQL 6.5

>> I am a big fan of this product so please head out to

>I've "read" that MySQL performs better under load than Postgresql. Has
>anyone found this to be true??

Hermit was right on in his posting about MySQL being faster for lack of
features.  I did some testing myself (small scale) and was impressed with
MySQL's speed, but when it came time to choose a db platform in our
up-and-coming trucking company project, PostgreSQL was the only RDBMS that
had the features we were looking for (to include being open source and
free).  The choice was obvious... FreeBSD and PostgreSQL

>It certainly seems to have much more to offer as far as features go. And
>the price is defiantely right. ;-)

Indeed.

jc