Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:26:04 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tagged openings

Bill Hamilton wrote:

> I just installed 3.0-RELEASE.
> Now I am getting messages once in awhile like:
> "tagged openings now 25" .
> I assume it comes from the CAM system, but don't know what it means.
> Is it a warning?

No, it's 'informational'...

> Do I need to know this?

Probably not - I believe there are moves afoot to make it 'optional' as to
whether it tells you this or not... Basically, it means your drive is now able
to queue 25 commands at a time for processing... With this, it's a case of
'the more the merrier' - It only happens when your first start to thrash the
drive (as the queue expands with the number of simultaneous requests)

-Kp