Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:18:58 -0500
From:      Joseph Koenig <joe@jwebmedia.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing on RAID?

In case this helps in explaing my previous post heres some more info.
When I install the system, it finds 2 containers aacd00 and aacd01. I
install the system onto either one, or both of the containers (I've
tried both). The last time, I installed to aacd01. All goes well until
after the install when the system reboots. This is what I get:

no devsw (majdev=0 bootdev=0xa0200000)
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/aacd0s1a
no such device 'aacd'
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6

Manual root filesystem specification:
eg. ufs:/dev/da0s1a
? List valid disk boot devices
<empty line> Abort manual input

From what I've read, I think that's telling me FreeBSD doesn't know
which disk to really mount and where to find the filesystems. is that
correct? How do I fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Joe