Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 20:05:18 -0400
From:      "Booth, Christopher" <christopher_booth@mcgraw-hill.com>
To:        "'Doug White'" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'cbooth@aixx.net'" <cbooth@aixx.net>
Subject:   RE: Sharing Files w/ Linux in Same Box

Thank you for your response, Doug.

One more question:

My 1st hard drive, master on drive 1, w/ the CD-ROM as slave, has Linux at

	/dev/hda5	/
	/dev/hda6	/home

and so forth, according to Linux (the Linux fstab). My second hard drive,
master on drive 2, is where FreeBSD resides, at

	/dev/wd2s1b	  swap
	/dev/wd2s1a	  /
	/dev/wd2s1f	  /usr

and so forth, according to my FreeBSD fstab. The 1st drive does not appear
in the fstab. Would my command for mounting my come file in Linux be

     mount -t ext2fs /dev/wd0s6 /mnt
		or, equally,
     mount_ext2fs /dev/wd0s6 /mnt

or would the ext2fs be called /dev/wd0sf? Or /dev/wd1s6 or wd1sf? Or do I
need to use Linux's nomenclature and call it /dev/hda6?

Thanks.

As always, I appreciate your knowledge and grace in helping us newbies and
newbie-likes.     :-)

Chris Booth