Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:39:04 -0500
From:      Mathieu <mathieu@amx.dyn.dhs.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        "Dmitry A. Yanko" <fm@astral.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic, ipfw broken in stable?

"Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:

> > In /etc/rc.conf:
> > firewall_enable="YES"
> > (panic only in this case)
> >

> > fault addr. = 0x50
> > fault code = sup. write, page not present
> > ip = 0x8:0xc01a44cb
> > sp = 0x10:0xc02e0ad0
> > fp = 0x10:0xc02e0b50
> > cs = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> >    = dpl 0, pres. 1, def32 1, grap 1
> > p. eflags = int. enable, resume, IOPL=0
> > cur. proc = Idle
> > int. mask = net
> > trap. num = 12
> > panic: page fault
>
> Since it looks like you haven't seen the ongoing thread about
> your problem, I thought I would follow up to your original email.
>
> Right now we have a hypothosis that a MFC of the stats counters
> to ip_output is causing your panic.  I would like to try and
> duplicate that on a system here, but I need some configuration
> data from your system, particularly the ipfw rule set that
> is triggering the problem.  (this applies to anyone who has
> seen this panic.)
>
> --
> Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net

I also had the same problem. I removed those DummyNet rules, and I never
saw the panic again !

 rule add deny tcp from any to any via dc0 gid anonymous
 rule add pipe 1 ip from any to any out gid anonymous
 rule add pipe 2 ip from any to any in  gid anonymous
 rule pipe 1 config bw 128Kbit/s queue 50Kbytes
 rule pipe 2 config bw 256Kbit/s queue 50Kbytes

--
Mathieu