Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 12:13:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        kallio@beeblebrox.pccc.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        philw@main.abacus.ca, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Radius

According to Seppo Kallio:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, Philip White wrote:
>
> > Maybe I can start another thread here? ;-)
> >
> > In all sincerity though, has anyone any ideas on utilizing Radius and
> > FreeBSD better?  I use Radius in conjunction with the Livingston
> > Portmaster(30 port).  I use the "pmcommand" script package but this
> > doesn't have provisions for things like adding multiple users and such.
> > I noticed that the software "pminstall" that comes with the Portmaster
> > doesn't have a port for FreeBSD, anyone ever port it over?  If anyone has
> > some convenient scripts (perl5 or otherwise) to share?
>
> We use FreeBSD 2.1 unix passwds and usernames with merit-radius software.
> + I have modified it so, that one can give  username@host.slip   or
> username@host.ppp to select ppp or slip

There is a version of RADIUS known as the Merit distribution which a
lot of folks find very useful and highly configurable and customizable.

I am placing a new release of it on our FTP server this week (with luck!)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley, N8NXN              Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network Inc.                 Domain: web@merit.edu