Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:49:06 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS: stuck in an uninterruptible system call

I'm sure this is all old news to you:

Machine A has mounted a filesystem NFS exported from machine B.
Machine B reboots.
Anything on box A that tries to access the now gone fs will hang
forever.

I've read about deficiencies in NFS many times and places, but it's
almost impossible to believe that it would be *that* broken. Is it
really, or can I get rid of this problem by adding a switch somewhere?

If there's no way out inherent to NFS, I'm thinking about scripting
around it. Before I sit on this task (pretty big imo), maybe someone
already has a workaround. Care to share?

--
begin 666 nonexistent.vbs
FreeBSD 4.7-RC