Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2020 09:18:32 -0800
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
To:        yp@mm.st
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: Assertion in_epoch(net_epoch_preempt) failed, r357793

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 07:41:54PM +0300, yp@mm.st wrote:
y> Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
y> > On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 09:49:12AM +0300, yp@mm.st wrote:
y> > y> Getting the following panic after updating to r357793 (expect typos, hand
y> > y> copied):
y> > y>
y> > y> panic: Assertion in_epoch(net_epoch_preempt) failed at
y> > y> /usr/src/sys/net/iflib.c:2762
y> > y>
y> > y> db_trace_self_wrapper()
y> > y> vpanic()
y> > y> panic()
y> > y> iflib_rxeof()
y> > y> _task_fn_rx()
y> > y> gtaskqueue_run_locked()
y> > y> gtaskqueue_thread_loop()
y> > y> fork_exit()
y> > y> fork_trampoline()
y> > y> --- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0, rbp = 0 ---
y> >
y> > Are you running iflib as a loadable module? Your trace clearly
y> > has _task_fn_rx(), and Hans's patch covers _task_fn_tx(). However,
y> > Hans's patch helped you. So, my guess is happen just due to
y> > recompilation and reinstall of the module, not due to patch.
y>
y> No, it was a clean install from latest snapshot ISO, updated to that
y> revision using the usual {build,install}{world,kernel} procedure without
y> any settings in src.conf and using GENERIC conf, so iflib is builtin.

Sorry, Hans's patch is correct. I didn't notice the alternative
initializer of taskqueue. Strange that this didn't pop up with
my igb0. Will fix in few minutes.

--
Gleb Smirnoff