Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:56:45 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba process owner

Hello,

I have two Samba servers, one is old Linux box, other is new
FreeBSD 4.1-S box.
When samba user logins smbd runs with this user rights on both FreeBSD
and Linux. But while on Linux I can see user name in "ps axu" output,
on FreeBSD I see "root" :-( This is not very big problem, but I'd like
to see user's login name instead of root.
Samba 2.0.7, now from ports (before 27 Aug 2000 it was from plain tarball)

Thanx

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga"
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=304744