Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:10:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tad Marko <txtad@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Looking for old motd

Hello all!

My biggest interest in BSD was nostalgia for my college days. Towards
that vein, I remember the old motd (or was it the log in welcome?) that
was standard, or seemed to be standard, on the 4.2 BSDs at school on
our VAXen an other systems. The welcome screen was a big 4.2 BSD drawn
in
characters, bunches of 4s making a big 4, etc. I'd like to recreate
that for my system, but I can't really remember what it looked like
exactly. Does anyone else remember this? Better yet, does anyone else
still have one around?

Thanks!
Tad

=====
It's tough being libertarian. Liberals think you're a
conservative, conservatives think you're a liberal.

This isn't my real email address.  I only use this one
when I need web access to mail. You can reply to this
note here, but my real email address is tad@earthling.net