Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:43:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a question about LKM

> I am looking at how ot make my audio driver an LKM.
>
> I have seen some examples of LKMs but none of them uses interrupts.
> As a consequence, I am a bit unclear on what actions should be done
> at load time (and especially, at unload time) so that interrupts
> are properly delivered. For the attach part i can probably figure
> it out -- just do the standard attach() action -- but what for the
> detach ?

Look at the PCCARD code (it has to detach things as well).

The PCI stuff is probably best for the attach.

In effect, you implement a "probe on load".  This is somewhat
dangerous for non-PnP ISA cards, BTW.

The code in this area needs to be more orthoganal, IMO.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.