Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 21:04:47 EDT
From:      Mongoos411@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about how to program in C++ in BSD.  And, help on install  X.

Hey there, i've got FreeBSD 2.2.7. There are a couple of things that im
trying to do.

1.  Install X-Windows.  I tried, I read the FAQ, it seems that the first time
I tried it it created the *.log files.  yet when I tryed "startx" or "xdm"
noting happens.  I get "command not found."  I admit I am a begginer so I
found the FAQ a little hard to digest and still do.  Any FAQ on install X for
newbies?  Do I have have to compile it first before I make it?  If, so what
dir?

2.  This brings me to my next problem.  I tried to make World, but instead I
got "can't.  dont know how to make world"  Im stumpted guys.  Any suggestions.

3.  Lastly, I tried to compile and execute a simple  hello world program in
C++ on FreeBSD. I got an a.out file yet, when I type "a.out" to try to
execute it, it says "file not found."  Am I missing something here?  Do I
need some ports or libraries or something?

Any help to these questions would be greatly appreciated for a struggling
unix person.  Thanks for your time
Jeff.