Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:22:43 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Byte article coming up.

hello,

I've not seen anyone else mention this, so I will.

In the July 98 Issue of Byte, the "Coming up in August" box (pg. 18) shows a
Software Lab Report entitled "Free Unixes", with the following blurb

"We test Linux and FreeBSD to see how they measure up against their commercial
cousins as servers and development platforms".

I assume the review is already done and they're waiting to print it.  However, I
also note that Mcgraw-Hill has sold Byte lock, stock and barrel to CMP-Media
(http://www.byte.com/subinfo.html) and thus say they won't be doing an August
Issue in fact (in preparation for a relaunch).

I imagine they'll still print it, but perhaps not in August.  I hope they
managed to find all the RAM for this test. With luck, they actually
bothered to do some infinitesimal research and configure it properly.

Anyway, just some forewarning for this review. Does anybody read Byte anymore?
I don't usually, but I had already read this month's issue of Underwater
Basket Weaving Update.

Cheers,
Mark Blackman