Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:24:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: symbios card...

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 04:46:34PM +0100, G=E9rard Roudier wrote:
> >=20
> > On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Mark Abene wrote:
> >=20
> > > Would anyone care to comment on whether the Symbios 53C825 (NOT 825A)=
 is
> > > supported by FreeBSD?  I saw mention of the 825A in the hardware list=
, but
> > > not a plain 825.
> >=20
> > The NCR53C825 is supported by FreeBSD since at least 6 years. :)
> > (Was a NCR product at this time)
> >=20
> > Anyway, the hardware list needs to be updated for newer chips (i.e. I
> > should have updated it).
>=20
> Gerard,=20
>=20
> I think (as this was asked on -alpha) that the question is mainly aimed
> at what the alpha SRM console code will recognise (??).

May-be. But I donnot think so. (Or Mark didn't read alpha/HARDWARE.TXT).

The 53C825A was mentionned in src/release/texts/HARDWARE.TXT but not the
plain 53C825. Btw, the 53C820 was mentionned but I removed it. The 53C820
should be so rare, that the 6 bytes to name it can be spared, IMO.

And this gave me the opportunity to speak about newer Symbios chips and
their support by FreeBSD at the alpha list. :)

  G=E9rard.