Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 01:02:15 -0400
From:      aa <archmage@snet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld errors out

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:31:23 -0500 (CDT)
Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> 	This may sound strange, but every sig11 I've come across has been
> caused by flaky hardware. Make any hardware changes lately?

Now you've got me looking suspiciously at the replacement CD-RW.

Relevant sysctl -a output:

hw.ata.ata_dma: 1
hw.ata.wc: 1
hw.ata.tags: 0
hw.ata.atapi_dma: 1

/etc/make.conf has:

CFLAGS= -O -pipe

CFLAGS+=${BDECFLAGS}

BDECFLAGS=      -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align \
                -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts -Winline \
                -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith \
                -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings

Bruce Evans posted those options a while back -- had no problems until now.

Also in /etc/make.conf:

NO_FORTRAN=     true    # do not build g77 and related libraries
NO_I4B=		true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)

WITHOUT_GNOME=	yes	# not sure if this belongs here

Hope this helps.