Date:      Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:59:27 -0700
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install a hypervisor on a Windows laptop for FreeBSD VM [was: Heating issues with FreeBSD on laptop]

On 9/27/22 15:57, latincom@vcn.bc.ca wrote:

 > Hello
 >
 > I have a Lenovo ThinkPad 13 with Win 10, what is and how please:
 > "install a hypervisor?"
 >
 > PS:
 > I am a user only and i did an installation on a Dell and after that i
 > tried to install OpenBSD again but it was not possible, because the
 > installer said there were not a disk; before NetBSD. it had OpenBSD! I
 > stop testing!

I created a new thread for this new topic.

First, back up your data to at least two devices.

Then download and install the hypervisor you prefer.  There are many
choices.

I like VirtualBox because it is professional programming systems
product, multi-platform, and at least some portion is available under GPL 2:

https://www.virtualbox.org/

If you have Windows clients, Windows servers, Azure, etc., Microsoft
Hyper-V may offer some advantages:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

David