Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:41:26 -0700
From:      christian russell <christian.baltini@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for further documentation on ZFS devd event documentation

Hi all,

I am looking to put together a comprehensive handler for DVS devd events =
but am having trouble finding documentation of all the ZFS devd events =
available.  I did notice that devd.conf(5) omits any documentation of =
the ZFS events.

So far the best documentation appears to be at =
/etc/devd/zfs.conf:(https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/stable/11/etc/=
devd/zfs.conf =
<https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/dcbabd8ab86b4211980f408edeb42dbff=
cc1e58e/etc/devd/zfs.conf>)

Unfortunately, this example doesn=E2=80=99t clarify if there are =
implemented ZFS events that aren=E2=80=99t listed as well as if there =
are additional variables present for the events shown.

I was wondering if anybody knew of any further documentation short of =
looking at the source.

If there is further documentation I would be interested in merging it =
into the man pages.

Thanks!=