Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:22:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lawrence Mayer dsg <Lawrence.Mayer@dsg.ki.se>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cheap mb for 21264?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any inexpensive (e.g. $100 price range) (new
or used) motherboards available that support the alpha 21264 CPU in the
1GHz range?

I am a bit confused on the issue. I have read that the 21264 is pin
compatible with the Athlon Socket A. Does that mean that every Athlon
motherboard (such as an Athlon XP motherboard) automatically supports the
21264?

I would greatly appreciate information and advice on this issue. I am
trying to build an inexpensive alpha box for FreeBSD.

Regards,
Lawrence Mayer <lawmay@ki.se>
Ume=E5, Sweden