Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:12:42 +0400
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <demon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bin/python3 symlink for python3X ports

Hello!

It is common to have both python-2 and python-3 packages installed.
To help transition it is convenient to have bin/python to point to python-2 binary.

Now for every X in python3X we have a bin/python3.X binary.

So for every new python3.X release one should change shebang line in scripts.

I propose to tweak python3X ports so they create bin/python3 symlink pointing
to the installed python3.X binary so that people can always use 'python3' name.

What do you think?

Thanks!